Monday, February 22

La Lluvia

It was overcast and rainy all of last week. I love the rain and I love exploring Alicante, so to me, the two are not mutually exclusive.


On Monday, I decided to hike the mountain behind my apartment... in boots. My choice in footwear was not the best, but I did get some fantastic pictures of a dreary Alicante. I feel like everything is prettier here when there is water involved.

I had a midterm on Friday, so my week was a little dull, but I made up for it on the weekend.


A few friends and I took the tram over one city, to San Juan. I'll definitely be spending some quality time in San Juan when the temperature starts to increase-- the city has amazing beaches.


I also visited the Archaeological Museum (so cool!) and the castle... again. I took a different path up the castle this time and found an adorable park about halfway up.


Another note about the oddity of Spain: restaurant-bars close their kitchens at (supposedly) 4 pm. They will have customers sitting down and eating, but if you try to order food they tell you that they are not serving any more. When they say that, they mean that they are serving absolutely nothing... no chips, nothing, just drinks and if you get really lucky, some left-over tapas.

No comments:

Post a Comment