Class is going the same... the language started to get easy for about two days, but it is back to being difficult and confusing.
I've been walking a lot... everyday tasks take so much time here. Washing two loads of laundry consumes the entire afternoon because the washing machine takes forever and I have to hang everything up. On the days that I have to take the bus to school, I leave the house at 7, take two different buses, and get to school just in time for my 8 o'clock class. The grocery store is a twenty minute walk, as are the apartments of the friends who live the closest to me. Items are also never in stock. It took me days to find a pair of shoe insoles that cost less than 5 euros. Even though it is annoying that I have to plan time for transportation into my schedule, I really don't mind the walking. It's nice.
Yesterday, I walked to the top of the castle. It was a pleasant hike, but highlighted how much I need to start working out.
Today is the first real day of nice weather! The temperature is perfect and there is a light breeze. Right now, I am sitting in my room with the window open. I can see the ocean, the castle and the city!
Hi Britta,
ReplyDeleteIt is sooo good to hear from you! you look spectacular and the pictures are great. It seem like life in Spain is going to do you better than we had expected. Thank you for sharing your blog with me. Take care and God bless you.