Sunday, January 31

Ocupado

This weekend has been very busy. On Friday I ran errands all day and then hung out with friends. The only problem with living where I do is that it is far(ish) away from everyone else. If I wanted to, I could walk to the downtown area, but it's a long trek. This is fine during the day when I can easily utilize public transportation, but at night the buses stop running. People in Spain do not start going out on the weekend until midnight-- and that's early for them. The Spanish must have evolved to require only a small amount of sleep.


On Saturday, we went to a family friend's house for lunch/dinner. Today, we did the same thing. The casa is located just north of Alicante, in a more rural area. It was a nice house with a large yard and a cool collection of birds. I wanted to cry when one of the ladies there told me that I have a strong American accent....... like BUSH!!!
I also went on a two-hour walk with Maria Eugenia along San Juan playa-- I've been eating quite a bit of food here... so this was a good decision! The beach is really nice-- I'm excited for the temperature to rise a little so I can spend more time there.

p.s. Tessa, la coballa is a guinea pig, not a HAMSTER!

No comments:

Post a Comment