Monday, May 31

Pelo

I finally got a haircut in Spain. For me, it was a step that I needed to take in order to claim that "I lived in Alicante." Plus, six months is a long time to go with out one. I was afraid that I would not be able to sufficiently explain what I wanted to the stylist, but that part went surprisingly smoothly. It was clear that she understood what I wanted, but I started to panic when she showed off her grab and chop technique. She did not baby my hair; she yanked and hacked at it-- none of the meticulous snipping that I was used to. I had visions of myself walking out of the salon donning a popular Alicantina style. Right now, rat-tails and mullets are in fashion for teenage boys and straight, choppy hair with heavy, blunt bangs are in for girls. Spanish hair is not something that I want to take back home with me. My hair ended up looking fine and I was pleased with the price-- less than 20 euros. Salon services are a lot cheaper in Alicante than they are in Phoenix.

This past week, I also took a trip to my favorite Alicante beach, San Juan playa, with Maria Eugenia and Esteban.


No comments:

Post a Comment