Right after Spring Break, people in my study abroad program started to leave. Now, with the official end date of our program being today, the frequency at which people are saying adios to España has increased. It is weird to think that it is over; I feel like right when we all started to feel comfortable with our Spanish lives, it came to a close.
In the past month, I have been so un-busy that I made myself busy. I finished up my last intensive Spanish class. My friends and I acquired interests in experimental cooking. We made pear pasta (bust) and gluten-free cookies (success). We discovered the wonderful world of Spanish movie theaters.
I figured out why people live in Alicante-- in the summer, it is a completely different place. The city is bustling, the weather is great, and the beach... oh the beach... amazing. I love the Mediterranean.
No comments:
Post a Comment